Sunday, December 23, 2007

Restaurant Review: Dewey's Pizza

Friday night in Clifton included my first trip to Dewey's Pizza. Yes, I had never been there before. I hear people rave about it all the time. It gets hopeful mention as a tenant for Fountain Square by folks on Urban Ohio all the time. And I know my sister loves their selection of beers. But I've just never been. To be honest, I think I can count on one hand the times I've had pizza in 2007. It is just not something I allow myself very much. But every now and then it sounds real good and thought it made a good choice for dinner before seeing "Atonement" at the Esquire.



In general I really loved the atmosphere. It was a modern and open interior. The kitchen was on view behind some windows and the bar area was in the middle of the space. We ended up sitting at the bar as opposed to waiting for a table. Dinner was half a Peppercorn Ranch salad and a "Create Your Own Pizza". We couldn't make a decision on one of the specialty pizzas and even though we could have split the toppings, we opted for something traditional. In the end I really liked it - pizza and salad. I probably could have been happy with just a big salad. (It was very good.) And I liked the thin crust pizza. Not sure about the "raves" yet though. I guess I will have to try one of the specialties before rendering a final verdict.

No comments: