Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Best of the City

So the December 2007 issue of Cincinnati Magazine has their annual Best of the City. I've picked out a few items of note (or that I agree with) in each category.

Nightlife
Patio: The Gypsy Hut
Bar Atmosphere: Below Zero Lounge

Food
Gelato: Madison's

Kid's
Playgrounds: Parky's Ark Wet Playground
(I do not have kids but the ones I've seen play here look like they are having fun.)

Shopping
Logo Apparel: Koch Sporting Goods
Urban Garden Center: City Roots
Crafty Gifts: Indigenous

City Life
Public Art: Additive #6
Urban Condo Design: Duveneck Flats

Services
Art Framer: Carteaux & Leslie
To see all Best of Cincinnati 2007 winners, click here. To be honest with you, there are a lot this year that I am not familiar with . . .

4 comments:

5chw4r7z said...

At first I wasn't sure about Additive #6, didn't like or dislike it. But its been growing on me big time, I love it now that its underlit at night, it really brings the contrast out. I've tried to photograph it, but I can't do it justice with my camera.
Its been a long and painful process but I think the results on Fountain Square have been worth it. I love the Square so much I want to marry it.

CityKin said...

I don't know what Addative #6 is.

Dan said...

Additive 6 is the Stanzak piece on the north side of the 5/3 Garage.

I actually like it even better at night when it is lit.

CityKin said...

OK, I was guessing that might have been what you were talking about. I think I like it...