Sunday, March 22, 2009

Friday Fish Fry Report

This Week: St. Paul's

A multi-week series highlighting Fish Fries in the Cincinnati area

St. Paul is at 7303 Dixie Highway in Florence. Their Fish Fry runs from about 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM and will take place every Friday during Lent. Run by chefs and including weekly specials, they serve sandwiches and dinners which include both fried and grilled seafood and various sides and items like crab cakes and soups. Everything is available for dine-in or carry-out.

Yes, I went south of the river to Never-Neverland for a fish fry.

I arrived with friends about 6:30 PM and let me tell you it was crowded but a very efficient system gets you in, ordered, paid, and served. I had a fish platter that included fried fish, mac-n-cheese, onion rings, and hush puppies. I then add a crab cake too. It was without question one of the best fish fry food experiences ever. I thought everything was really great. A friend said their mac-n-cheese was just average but I thought it was pretty good for a fish fry. To make it truly excellent, they served beer! We left at 7:30 and while still crowded, the line had finally died down.

But don’t take my word for the quality, here is an article from the Kentucky Post about the place. That was really the reason we went to check it out.

Next Installment: March 27

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next year you need to check out St. Patrick's in Taylor Mill - they will be adding live music every week! The food is excellent - they have fried fish, shrimp, pizza and salmon!