Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Queen City Square Buzz

Obviously some of the big news this past week was the announcement to begin construction of Queen City Square. The 40-story, 660 feet tall tower is being designed by HOK. It will be the tallest building in Cincinnati and will stand 86 feet taller than the Carew Tower.

There is an interesting debate about the design of the building in today's Enquirer.

Photo from December 19, 2007, article in the Enquirer from the initial announcement.

Check out other discussions and a history of the project over at Urban Ohio.

2 comments:

5chw4r7z said...

Merry Christmas Dan.

My Dad was wondering, now so am I, will they have an observation deck?
The design of Queen City West has been growing on me over the last week, I think I may end up liking it.

Dan said...

Mary Christmas 5chw4r7z!

You know, I am not sure. My guess is no. Carew being in the middle would seem to make more sense still. But who know.