Random thoughts . . . Cincinnati related and otherwise generally of news while I was on vacation.
- One should never (accidentally) wear your iPod in to the ocean. It is toast.
- The Enquirer continues to disappoint with an editorial against the streetcar. Look for a response in the next day or two . . .
- Emmy nominations came out while I was gone. Yeah for Top Chef, Project Runway, Kathy Griffin, Hope Davis, and Tina Fey (for SNL, not 30 Rock. I don’t watch that for some reason . . .)
- Rehoboth Beach was noticeably less crowded this year – at the beach and at the bars – and the crowd itself was generally older where I was hanging out. Many I talked to attributed this to the economy and that the younger folks in particular just were staying away.
- Even though it was less crowded, I still managed to have a great time. Maybe even more so than last year.
- There was one sort of sad event from vacation though. A person I met had a dog and it died on Friday morning.
- Before I left for vacation I became a Cincinnati Symphony Season subscriber.
- Utz Pretzels are fantastic. But I brought some bags home and I need to stop eating them.