Friday, April 24, 2009

Raise the Rutherford!

Arbor Day

Today is Arbor Day. And I am please to announce that plans are underway for a new Rutherford B. Hayes tree to be planted in the Presidential Memorial Grove at Eden Park!

If you remember from this post in December, I could not find a Hayes tree in the Memorial Grove. After contacting the park board they have determined that the Hayes tree was a pin oak. With that, Queen City Survey will donate a new pin oak tree to be planted this fall as the Rutherford B. Hayes Memorial Tree!

Once the tree is planted I will be sent a map of its location. I will then post the map so that all may find it, look at it, and enjoy it. (I am certain you will all want to!) If the tree is planted before or around October 4th, President Hayes’s birthday, I think some sort of celebratory picnic in Eden Park may be in order!

"Raise the Rutherford!" is a continuing, slightly humorous series to raise awareness of Rutherford B. Hayes and erect a statue of him in Cincinnati.

Image of pin oak from About.com

No comments: