Wednesday, March 18, 2009

2009 Cincinnati March(itecture) Madness

Impact of Lent and Catholic Guilt?

I am hearing comments that because it is lent and there is residual Catholic guilt, some votes are being swayed to vote for churches during 2009 Cincinnati March(itecture) Madness, especially Catholic ones. Could that be the reason for wins by Old St. Mary’s Church and St. Francis De Sales Church? Could it be the reason for an extremely close vote, but narrow defeat for St. Monica - St. George Church? I don’t think so but I thought it was funny never-the-less.

Speaking of churches, someone affiliated with a church in Cincinnati asked me, “Why isn’t ______ Church in the Tournament?” I responded that I didn’t think it was among the thirty-two best buildings in the city. Next year, nominate it and I’ll consider it! (I haven’t filled in the name of the church to protect the identity of the person asking.)

To view the entire 2009 Cincinnati March(itecture) Madness Tournament Bracket, click here.

1 comment:

Barry Floore said...

I'm really upset that the CAC -- the first publically funded museum designed by a woman and a triumph of modern (post modern?) architecture by internationally renowned diva, Zaha Hadid -- is losing to the fountain. :-(

I am totally lobbying right now.