Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Let Them Eat . . . Lunch!

It’s Just Crepes, 39 E. Court Street
Revisited!

I’ve now been to It’s Just Crepes three times and I have an update.

First, they have expanded their drink selection. Turns out their fountain drink dispenser just hadn’t been installed at the time of the opening. They now serve fountain drinks (Coke products) and iced tea in addition to their bottled selection. And speaking of bottled selections, they now also have Diet Snapple! Thank You!

Second, I have now tried the BBQ (Chicken, Green Peppers, BBQ Sauce & Sour Cream) and the Buffalo (Chicken, Blue Cheese, & Buffalo Sauce) in addition to my original Cordon Blue. All good but the Cordon Blue is still my favorite. Co-workers have also tagged along now and between all of them they have had the Cordon Blue (x2), Mexican (Chicken, Cheddar Cheese, Salsa, & Sour Cream), and the Hawaiian (Ham, Pineapple, Cheddar Cheese, & Brown Sugar and Soy Sauce). They all said they would come back.

1 comment:

VisuaLingual said...

Hmm, I've been hearing great things about this place and finally had a chance to check it out. I think they're still figuring out the basics, although they're headed in the right direction. My crepe was much thicker and chewier than a crepe should be and, given how folded and compact the whole thing was, there was just way too much filling. Over all, I didn't think it was nearly delicate enough for a crepe, though the flavors were good.

I'm going to wait a few weeks and come back, because I really want this place to have a chance to improve on this great downtown food option.