Monday, September 8, 2008

Cincinnati’s Monday Sports Manager

A round-up of the week’s sporting news.

Reds
The Reds went 3 and 3 for the week but capped off the weekend with a great 4-3 win versus the Cubs. I was there are it seriously felt like a Cubs home game. All remaining Cubs fans however were quieted by Jolbert Cabrera’s game winning RBI single in the bottom of the 9th inning. Only one more home stand left in the season.

Bengals
Bengals lose the opener to the lowly Ravens and their quarterback Joe Flacco? I guess I shouldn’t say lowly because they beat us. I totally agree with 5ch4r7z that they need to hire a GM but I do not think it will ever happen.

Bearcats
Well the Bearcats lose to Oklahoma and quarterback Grutza breaks his leg and is out for like four weeks. Good news is they are off next week before a September 20th home game versus Miami. I thought they held in there for nearly three quarters and we all know that these are the types of games they need to schedule and eventually win if they want to compete for a National Championship.

See side bar for links.

No comments: