Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Cincinnati’s Monday Sports Manager

A round-up of the week’s sporting news.

Reds
There was a lot going on in the Cincinnati Sports world last week. In the biggest news, Ken Griffey Jr. was traded to the Chicago White Sox. Can’t say I was devastated. I frankly was never a big fan of his acquisition from Seattle. A very good friend of mine is a huge Red’s fan and I specifically remember her saying she didn’t like the trade. And I have a hard time remembering a season when he didn’t miss substantial time due to injury. But I’m not sure we got much for him.

Bengals
Biggest news so far of training camp
in my eyes is that we haven’t signed our Number 1 draft pick, LB Keith Rivers.

Update: Ok, so the Enquirer is now reporting Rivers is in camp and will sign tomorrow.

Bearcats
Practice started this week for the Bearcat football team. The first game is nearly just three weeks away on Thursday, August 28 at home versus Eastern Kentucky. I have my season tickets, do you? 3-game mini packages are also now available to the General Public and August 10 is 'Meet the Team' day at Kings Island! Check out all the latest information on their website.

Note: Monday's round-up posted on Tuesday this week. Oh well . . . It will be a feature through at least football season.

No comments: