Monday, July 28, 2008

Porkpalooza!

Running of the Pigs

Listening to a radio broadcast yesterday I had an idea for my Cincinnati Pork Festival, dubbed ‘Porkpalooza’, that is currently in my head and seriously under-funded.

Like the ‘Running of the Bulls’ in Pamplona, Spain, we release a drove of pigs. Crazy townspeople run with them from the starting point, say Fountain Square, to Great American Ballpark or Paul Brown Stadium where they instead of being slaughtered there are ceremoniously pardoned and not turned in to chops, ham, barbeque, bacon, sausage, goetta, etc. At least not until the festival is over . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed at first. Then it hit me: Damn. What a great idea!

Barry Floore said...

I have a picture of those pigs, too

Jimmy_James said...

I love this idea! Sign me up for the first annual Running of the Hogs!