Thursday, April 17, 2008

Blog Alert: Queen City Survey

Sorry for the lack of posts recently. A crazy weekend extended to Tax Day and then included some recovery time. Here is a run down of what has been going on:

Prohibition Resistance Tour
I was one of the guides on both Saturday and Sunday. However, since I was one of the guides I didn’t take any photos. But I noticed a few folks and bloggers have posted their photos and thoughts of the tour online. Somewhere Over the Rhine has a great post and summary here. Downtown_Jerome posted his photos on Urban Ohio and has all of his Brewery District photos on his flickr account. Below is a great one of the Klotter & Sons or Bellevue Brewery. (The center section was constructed in 1867.) Urban Cincy has a summary of the Clyffside Brewery Open House (which was technically the day before the tours) on his blog and there are additional photos also posted on Urban Ohio.
Party!
The Bockfest Blizzard of 2008 created a personal scheduling conflict. A pre-planned party now coincided with the rescheduled Prohibition Resistance Tours. I couldn’t cancel my party so I hosted a potluck on Saturday evening for about 30 people. It made for a crazy weekend as Friday was spent preparing and any time on Saturday when I wasn’t giving tours was working on setting up. In the end it was all worth it as many said they had a great time. But I was exhausted for days.

Tax Day
Every year I say I am going to do mine early and every year I don’t. They got mailed on the 15th.

Rutherford B. Hayes: Warrior & President
The Curator of Manuscripts at the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center suggested the book Rutherford B. Hayes: Warrior & President by Ari Hoogenboom as a comprehensive autobiography that had a good portion devoted to Hayes’s early life. I started reading it this week. It is fairly lengthy but it is proving to be an easy read.

No comments: