Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Weekend Recap

A quieter weekend for me in general, I did go to see Take Me Out on Friday. As a whole, I enjoyed it. The Enquirer had a review and while I liked it more than they did I would agree with them on a few points. My biggest problem with the play, as was the Enquirer’s, was the portrayal of the gay accountant, Mason. He was way too gay. Frankly I didn’t think he needed to be, or should be, to get the point across. It all seemed "played up" and intended to make the play somehow funnier. Where I differ from the Enquirer is that I actually liked the portrayal of the team’s catcher Kippy more that they did. I thought the actor did a fine job as the storyteller.

Jason at Let’s Say You’re Right . . . has his review here.

As he points out, there is full frontal male nudity. Don’t tell Simon Leis.

No comments: