Saturday, January 5, 2008

Let Them Eat . . . Lunch!

Sully's: 700 Race Street

I talked a few from work in to going to Sully's for their all-you-can-eat soup and salad lunch. They advertise it as $6.99 and for a limited time only. So it sounded like a deal. It was better in theory.

We sat down I would say at 12:20. (It might have been a tad earlier but I'm going with 12:20.) Three of us ordered the soup and salad combo; one ordered a sandwhich. About 12:55, we got our food. For lunch and for soup and salad on top of that, it seemed a little excessive. So by the time I finished my first serving, we really needed to head out. Our waitress never even really asked if we wanted more soup or salad the whole time. Grant it, it took like 40 minutes to order and just get our food. How long would it take to get a second helping? I ended up asking for more soup because I felt I was entitled. I inhaled it so we could get back to work.

So the quality of the food was OK but I doubt we go back for lunch. On our way out a guy asked us how it was and we frankly told him our experience. I'm sorry but a little customer service goes a long way.

3 comments:

5chw4r7z said...

Wow, sounds like the old Red Fish, you had to trip someone to get help.
Of course when they go under they'll blame it on downtown.

I can't find an email address Dan, but Monday @6 some friends on team R2 Beat U will be playing broomball, and it will be warm. A good excuse for a cigar, I'll be there with an extra one for you.

Dan said...

I'm at the gym then we are heading to a friends to watch the OSU - LSU game. I'll need to take a rain check. But I totally want to catch some of the broomball games this year.

5chw4r7z said...

So'K
Just found out they don't play if the temp is over 60.
I'll still be smoking one if the game is on the big screen.