Thursday, November 8, 2007

Weekend Warm-Up: November 9 – 11

My recommendations for something to do this weekend.

The Bearcat football team comes home to take on the nationally ranked University of Connecticut on Saturday, November 10 at 3:30 pm. I am sure we will be tailgating early. It is sold out but I am sure it will be on the big screen at Fountain Square this time . . .


On Sunday I noticed on the Downtown Residents' Council Calendar that the Queen City Band is playing at Memorial Hall at 2:00 pm. It is a "Salute to Veterans" that will "feature patriotic music, medleys, marches and a special Armed Forces Salute." There is also going to be a handbell choir. In addition, it is FREE! I think I might go, partly to snoop around the inside of Memorial Hall!

1 comment:

CityKin said...

I plan on seeing the Queen City Band Sunday at Memorial Hall with my son. Hope to see you there.