Thursday, November 15, 2007

Weekend Warm-Up: November 16 – 18

My recommendations for something to do this weekend.

I’ve entitled this weekend "Football Fusion Weekend" as both the Bengals and Bearcats are home this weekend. The nationally ranked UC football team hosts the nationally ranked Mountaineers of West Virginia at 7:45 pm on Saturday, November 17. The Bengals play the Arizona Cardinals at 1:00 pm on Sunday, November 18 at Paul Brown Stadium. Both games are sold out. Oh, and some team from up I-71 is playing some team from way up I-75 at noon. While I am not sure I care as much as others in Ohio, I am sure area bars will be filled with patrons watching The Ohio State University clash with the University of Michigan. Last year I think we watched the game from Mulligan’s Hyde Park Pub . . .

Performances of the the Tony Award-winning musical Wonderful Town take place this weekend only at CCM. It began tonight but since I just got back from it I have to say it was not wonderful. I'd pick something else to do. Maybe check the Downtown Resident’s Council Calendar for other options.

I did want to make special mention of Buy Cincy’s "Unchained Cincinnati". Local shops are estimated to contribute 3 times more money to the local economy than chain stores. Help Cincinnati break the chain. On Saturday, November 17th, some of the city's best locally-owned independent stores are celebrating Cincinnati Unchained in their own way with a variety of special promotions. Check out the Buy Cincy website for details and a list of participating stores.

No comments: