Thursday, November 1, 2007

Let Them Eat . . . Lunch!

Tom’s Chicken Pot Pies


Last week, a couple of us from work tried Tom’s Chicken Pot Pies for the first time. It will not be the last. It is a small place at 915 Vine Street, next to Universal Grill. Two tables and some counter space constitute the entire front of house. The menu items are limited: Classic Chicken Pot Pie, Chicken Alfredo Pot Pie, Vegetarian Pot Pie and some sort of apple dessert pot pie I think. Sides include a pasta salad and cornbread. And that is pretty much it. Two of us had the Classic; One had the Alfredo. None of us were disappointed -- a flaky, puff pastry-like crust over a rich and creamy gravy filled with chicken and vegetables. Comfort food does not get better than this. I was satisfied for hours.


Restaurant is only open for lunch (11:00 am - 2:30 pm) but you can call and they will deliver in the evenings - (513) 235-2400.

2 comments:

5chw4r7z said...

Oh,thats awesome they deliver thanks for letting me know.
I had half the summer off, and everytime I walked past Tom's it smelled so good. BUT, 99f in August is not the time for steaming hot pot pies. The next day I have off Jackie and I are eating there.

Dan said...

I checked today and for an evening carry out order you need an $18 minimum order. I went again today and checked . . .

Oh, and I hear you. It is pot pie and hot soup weather!