Thursday, November 1, 2007

Fountain Square Happenings

I went to Fountain Square at lunch yesterday to view some of the Halloween Costume Contest. I am so disappointed I didn’t have my camera. There were some really good ones! My vote was for probably one of the Ghostbusters (there were two) who had his 5 month old son, dressed as the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man . . . err Baby, in his arms. I’m not that sappy but it was pretty darn cute. One woman was a jelly fish using some bubble wrap strips attached to a clear umbrella. Clever. And another woman was "A Really Big Bust". Dressed as a marble pillar topped by a bust, with a really big chest. Hard to describe. I really needed that camera. I couldn't stay for the end. Anybody know who won?

Last night walking home from the gym I notice set-up for the ice rink has begun! Areas are blocked off in anticipation of the platform and things. My Fountain Square has an updated forecast for November & December including a Turkey Bowl on November 21st, the day before Thanksgiving to kick off the opening of the ice rink. Light-Up the Square takes place on Friday, November 23 from 6:00 to 7:00 pm.

No comments: