Monday, October 22, 2007

Restaurant Review: Sung Korean Bistro

A friend and I had dinner at Sung Korean Bistro on Friday, October 19. Located at 7th and Elm Streets. I had wanted to try it and after 5chw4r7z’s review, my friend agreed to go. We shared the Pork Bulgogi (a grilled, sliced pork), the Maeun Dak Bokum (a chicken stir-fry), and a bottle of wine. Strong and pungent flavors carried both meals. And the wine helped take the heat off! We wondered what really separates different Asian cuisines - Korean vs. Thai for instance - but the meal was very good regardless. I liked the contemporary atmosphere and there was a good crowd at around 9:30 pm when we arrived.

Check website (which is slick, contemporary and matched the restaurant) for hours.

3 comments:

WestEnder said...

I'm keen on trying it out as well. It's funny you mentioned the difference between Korean vs. other Asian foods; I've been wondering the same thing. This page has some info.

5chw4r7z said...

I had the Pork Bulgogi also and really like it,full of flavor. But anyhow, I never knew what Korean food was except for a boss I had once that went to Korea to sign a big contract with Daewoo and claimed he ate nothing but snickers bars for 4 days straight because the food smelled so bad. Obviously he didn't eat at Sung's.

Dan said...

Westender - That's a nice link discussing Korean cuisine. Basic and to the point. I tried to actually find some stuff online before posting and nothing I read really told me what I wanted to know.