Sunday, April 12, 2009

Friday Fish Fry Report

This Week: St. Mark’s

A multi-week series highlighting Fish Fries in the Cincinnati area

St. Mark’s Parish is at 3500 Montgomery Road in Evanston. Their Fish Fry ran from 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM and took place every Friday during Lent. They served sandwiches and dinners which include fried fish and various sides. Everything is available for dine-in or carry-out and the meal will set you back $7.00 and includes fish, bread, and two sides. Sodas are available for $0.60 and two kinds of cake were available by the slice for $1.00.

I arrived about 5:30 PM in the rain and there was a small group but by the time I left there was a nice, friendly group gathered. The food itself was fantastic. Probably the best fish I had anywhere this lenten season. And the hush puppies and macaroni and cheese were also darn good . . . quite possibly also the best of all the fish fries I’ve been too for those items as well. Oh, and the portions were out of control. I had so much fish I didn’t even get dessert.

So while they didn’t have beer, I will recommend St. Mark’s for the food and I must say other than St. Paul, the people around were also some of the friendliest. It’s nice when someone says hi and asks how you heard about them, etc.

Next Installment: Next Year!

No comments: