Thursday, December 18, 2008

St. Leo of Fairmount

A few weeks ago, The Catholic Telegraph Photography Project had a post about St. Leo in North Fairmount. I went to see that church a while ago (as I am still trying to research the architect of every Catholic Church in Cincinnati) but I didn't remember it being that grand. So I went back today after a meeting in the general vicinity to take another look.
Memory basically failed me as it looks much like it did when it was built.

Here is another image from the Library's Cincinnati Memory Project from about the same angle.

St. Leo (the Great, actually) is located at 2573 St. Leo Place and was completed in 1911 and was designed by Anthony Kunz, Jr. according to Walter Langsam in The Biographical Dictionary of Cincinnati Architects, 1788 – 1940.

1 comment:

Mark Miller said...

Langsam was my professor for History of Modern Architecture at UC back in 1988. His passion for our local built environment and dedication to research have been a blessing to our community.