Veteran’s Day thoughts . . . Cincinnati related and otherwise.
- Cincinnati was named after the Society of Cincinnati, a Revolutionary War veteran’s group.
- Places like Fort Thomas, Fort Wright, Fort Mitchell, and Camp Dennison all have military pasts.
- When I was young I always thought it was odd that my father was stationed in Germany during the Korean Conflict and not in Korea.
- Fort Washington was used as a military base only from 1789 to 1803.
- Four ships have been named the USS Cincinnati. The last was a submarine decommissioned in 1996. There was an effort to bring all or part of it here but it was literally scrapped.