Thursday, October 23, 2008

Weekend Warm-Up: October 24 – 26

My recommendations for something to do this weekend

Theatre season is in full gear in Cincinnati. The Broadway musical Hairspray! invades the Aronoff for performances this weekend only. I actually liked the movie based on the musical more than I thought I would.

Over at The Know Theatre "Reefer Madness: The Musical" continues through November 14, 2008 and "Militant Language: A Play with Sand" continues through November 16, 2008. "The Seafarer" continues at Ensemble Theatre on October 15 and runs until November 2, 2008. New Stage opens "The History Boys", now playing through November 16. And the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company opens "The Turn of the Screw" Saturday, October 25 which has a limited run through November 9. You can also still catch "Hamlet" at the Shakespeare Company which opened on October 17.

Click link is side bar for tickets and more information.

With a nod to Wine Me, Dine Me, I will mention that "The Boys Next Door" ends its run at the Falcon Theatre in Newport this weekend. I rarely venture to the Left Bank for things but I’m ok with this.

We are also approaching Halloween so there are a number of haunted related activities going on all over. This site, Cincy Haunts, looks like a nice place to get the 411.

No comments: