Saturday, October 18, 2008

QCS Quips

Random thoughts . . . Cincinnati related and otherwise.

  • "It was a fifty-minute carriage ride from Fountain Square to Grandin Road . . ." - Zane Miller in Boss Cox's Cincinnati.
  • Clowns and real animals animated to "talk" give me the willies.
  • I think my favorite episode of Sex and the City is "The Real Me".
  • What if Playhouse in the Park moved to Walnut & Central Parkway and became "Playhouse on the Parkway"? Seems like a cheaper option than on two lots and over top of Macy’s. And they could renovate and use Emery Theatre while they are at it.
  • I used to love the "Bloom County" comic strip - Milo, Bill the Cat, Steve Dallas, Binkley, and of course Opus!
  • Some interesting facts in yesterday's Enquirer: "The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Cincinnati is the 26th-largest Catholic diocese in the country, with almost 500,000 Catholics, and has the eighth-largest network of Catholic schools in terms of enrollment."
  • If the Red Sox do not win it all, will we remember Thursday's incredible game?

2 comments:

Anne said...

What's the word on the Emery? When I left town, it was a beautiful theater playing fun movies for everyone (punks, nerds, etc., we all thought it was a righteous place!, great popcorn, & an amazing powder room.

Then it turned into apartments and/or part of UC.

Now what?!

EMullins said...

I used to love Bloom County too. In high school I had a t-shirt with bill the cat on it that said, "most of life's problems can be fixed with a chainsaw."

Sadly, I think thursday's game six is already forgotten. =(