Friday, July 4, 2008

Queen City Survey: A Look Ahead

With six months complete and six months to go in 2008 I thought I’d give a preview of some posts I am working on for the coming months.

To mark "Christmas in July", a series of posts will begin on July 25 to highlight a special tour Architreks will be giving on December 6 entitled "Building Holidays".

August is "Back to School" and I’d really like to be ready to start the series I’m calling "Historic Public Schools of Cincinnati".

To celebrate Oktoberfest in September, Queen City Survey will look at a series of posts highlighting some German related buildings and sites that I am tentatively calling "OktoBAUfest" ("Bau" being the German word for building).

To celebrate Rutherford B. Hayes’s birthday on October 4, we will have a series of posts in his honor. I haven’t fully figured out that will be yet so you will just have to stay tuned. It will be fantastic I’m sure! And I’m certain it will include some sort of party or observance with birthday cake!

And to mark the beginning of the college basketball season in November, Queen City Survey will have a special contest to design the 2009 Cincinnati March(itecture) Madness logo. There will be some very specific criteria but I will choose a winner from the submitted entries and the winner will receive a Cincinnati prize package.

No comments: