Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Playing Catch Up

Trying to fill myself in on all the latest happenings in the City.

Bands were announced for the MidPoint Music Festival. One of my favorites of last year was Girls Guns and Glory. Gonna make sure I catch their whole show this year.

Presidential candidate Barack Obama was in Cincinnati for the NAACP Convention and made a speech that was carried live and shown on Fountain Square. 5chw4r7z has some great photos as does CityKin. I kind of wish I had been there but sitting on the beach had its appeal too.

Development news abounded. WLWT reported possible tenants for The Banks includeg Kroger, ESPN Zone and Margaritaville. Demolition began on the Western & Southern parking garage to make way for Queen City Square. Two buildings also came down in University Heights to hopefully move along the McMillan Park development as reported by Soapbox. And Sara Pearce had a great piece on the expansion of the Art Museum!

And two blogs seem to have life again: Cincinnati, As I See It and Cincinnati Revisited. I still hope Augustus & Toby at The Black Dog Blog are ok. You guys there?

Oh, and the Artworks mural on Central Parkway made a lot of progress. Here it is before I left . . .
And here it is now . . .

No comments: