Friday, May 30, 2008

Weekend Warm-Up: May 30 – June 1

My recommendations for something to do this weekend

Well it is Friday and I am again a day late with the "Weekend Warm-up". Real work and volunteer work are eating in to my blogging! So while I work pretty much all weekend (I will be running in the GoOTR 5k), go out and enjoy yourself! I for one would like to attend Summerfair at Coney Island.
I love this year's poster!

From the website:
The first Summerfair was developed in 1967 to salute the opening of the Playhouse in the Park’s Robert S. Marx Theater. Since then, the Summerfair Fair has become a nationally recognized event featuring more than 400 visual and performing artists. During the last decade, it has consistently been identified as one of the 200 best shows in the United States by Sunshine Artist magazine and has received three Artists’ Choice Awards from the National Association of Independent Artists. Execution of the Festival depends upon the enthusiasm, cooperation and dedication of 400+ volunteers representing 8 counties in Ohio, Northern Kentucky and Southeast Indiana.

So if you are going . . .

Hours:
May 30, Friday 2 pm – 8 pm
May 31, Saturday 10 am – 8 pm
June 1, Sunday 10 am – 5 pm

Admission:
Adults: $10.00
Children under 12 free

Parking is free and there will be entertainment and food. Check website for further details.
Other options for the weekend include the Cincy Fringe Festival, Final Friday, and Blue Ash Summerbration. I rarely recommend an event in the 'burbs but I like some of their country music headliners.

1 comment:

Kevin LeMaster said...

That is a very elegant poster.