Thursday, April 24, 2008

Weekend Warm-Up: April 25 – 27

My recommendations for something to do this weekend

I finally have a weekend where I do not have a bunch of events that I have to attend or any scheduled activities planned. (I do have one thing which I will mention at the end.) So I am going to try and get out and just enjoy the city. I might get out and take a bike ride if the rain holds out and/or get some blog photography completed. Oh, and it is Final Friday here in Over the Rhine. (Sara Pearce has a nice blog piece today about getting some comprehensive plan together for Final Friday as it seemingly has expanded beyond Main Street and The Pendleton Art Center.)

Other items still on the to-do list:

Theatre –
- Bare: the Musical continues through next weekend at the Know Theatre.
- Bug closes this Sunday, April 27, at the New Stage Collective.

Nature –
- The Cincinnati Flower show concludes this Sunday as well at Coney Island. Open 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM (6:00 PM on Sunday).
- Krohn Conservatory’s annual Butterfly Show continues through June 15. Open daily 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM, there is a $6.00 Adult admission charge.

Food –
I have yet to go to Nada, Greenup Café, or Lavomatic. I need to check at least one of those off my list. Sunday brunch anyone?

So, in closing I will mention one activity I am doing on Saturday. To promote the opening of the 2008 season of Architreks, the architectural walking tours that run May through October, the Director of Architreks and I will be interviewed on WAIF, 88.3 FM, at 3:20 as part of the ‘Alternating Currents’ radio show. It has been a while since I’ve been on radio so it should be interesting.

No comments: