Saturday, March 15, 2008

Program Alert: Fountain Day

March 29, 2008


In years past, the Tyler Davidson Fountain was activated on Opening Day. As such, the event went largely unnoticed and seems inadequate for Cincinnati’s most prized possession and most beloved landmark. To give the Genius of Water her own celebration is not only fitting, but it also leverages the excitement surrounding another great Cincinnati tradition – Opening Day.

The fountain’s return to full glory after a cold winter will be marked by a short ceremony at approximately 8:30 pm, with brief remarks, the first flow of water, and fireworks. Prior to this, starting at 7 pm, two local bands will perform. Following the ceremony, a third live band will close out the night. Adult beverages will be available throughout the event.

Special thanks to title sponsor Fifth Third Bank.

I am totally excited and I’ll be there.

2 comments:

5chw4r7z said...

Damn!
There is way too much happening in Cincinnati these days. I'm going to be out of town for Fountain Day, I was so stoked until I looked at my calendar.
If its nice, I be there Monday for opening day parade.

Dan said...

As it closer to summer, the weekends really fill up!