Thursday, February 7, 2008

Weekend Warm-Up: February 8 – 10

My recommendations for something to do this weekend.

On Friday I will be at the Friday Night Fights at the Cincinnati Athletic Club. And if I wasn’t there I think I’d probably try to hit one of the many local Fish Frys! From Catholic Parishes and Fire Departments to VFW and American Legion Halls there are a ton of places to eat a whole school of fish. I’m still taking recommendations. Below are a few places according to CinWeekly that are having a Fish Fry. Call me an architecture snob but I am listing only locations where I want to check out their building! Prices vary.
St. Lawrence – Price Hill (4:30 – 7:00 pm)
St Cecilia – Oakley (4:30 – 7:30 pm)
St. William – Price Hill (4:30 – 7:30 pm)
St. Boniface – Northside (5:00 – 7:00 pm)

In addition, this weekend is the Fine Arts Fund Sampler Weekend. All Sampler events are FREE and open to the public. Check out their website for all the events going on like the Cincinnati Men’s Chorus at the Carnegie and CSO Chamber Players at Memorial Hall. Sunday looks like it is geared to families with a bunch of family friendly events like face painting and back stage tours at Playhouse in the Park, CCM Youth Ballet at the Art Museum, and the May Festival Chorus at Music Hall. People who say there is nothing to do in this town are crazy.

1 comment:

Jason said...

You know I always come here to get ideas for the weekend.

You should be on the welcome wagon to the Nati ;)