Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008 Resolutions

I’ve debated if I wanted to make any personal resolutions this year and if so were any worthy to share in this particular forum. This blog is mostly about the city intentionally and only tangentally about my personal life. I have determined a few resolutions are worthy to share.

1. Over on Cincinnati Blog, Donald blogged about resolving to join the Downtown Resident’s Council. Yeah, I need to do that too. I’ve been to a meeting here and there but I think I need to be more involved. At the very least I need to pay the $15 for an individual membership.

2. Last year I actually focused on improving my physical fitness. I joined the Cincinnati Athletic Club and since Christmas 2006 I am down about 25 pounds, bulked up a little, and honestly feel better about my physical appearance for the first time in decades. That said, my resolution for this year is to run in the GoOTR 5K Run/Walk. I am not really a runner but I think it is a measured step that will combine my workout routine (and provide a new focus) and my passion for the Cincinnati and Over the Rhine. Last year, over 330 runners and walkers on June 2, 2007 participated in the inaugural GoOTR 5K Run/Walk (a program of the OTR Chamber) during the OTR Summer Tour of Homes Weekend.

3. Continue Blogging. I am averaging just fewer than two posts a day and I want to be able to maintain that pace. I have a couple of things planned for the year including a multi-part series I am calling "Cincinnati March(itecture) Maddness!" It will be Queen City Survey’s attempt to combine March Madness with this city’s classic architecture in hopefully an interactive way. Stay tuned! I know y'all can't wait . . .

Photo of the inaugural GoOTR 5K Run/Walk from the OTR Chamber website.

3 comments:

CityKin said...

What are the advantages of the Athletic Club over the Y? I was thinking of joining the Y.

Dan said...

For me personally I like being associated with a Cincinnati institution that has been around since 1853 (building from 1903). CAC has personal training included but the Y is much cheaper and from what I hear, some nicer facilities (like the pool). if interested, I'd check out both and see what you think. (6 free visits at CAC) Email me and I can give additional thoughts if you'd like.

Kevin LeMaster said...

I can't wait to play Marchitecture Madness!