Monday, December 3, 2007

Weekend Round-Up

I was so busy last Thursday, I neglected to post a "Weekend Warm-Up". (And I didn’t post one on Thanksgiving either.) I was getting ready for the Architreks "Christmas in Over the Rhine" Walking Tour on Saturday, December 1. It was the only event I could think about.

The whole weekend was quite busy. The tour itself I think went well. At least I hope it did. Fifteen people braved the cold and a little sprinkling of rain for an hour-and-a-half walk around Over the Rhine. Hopefully they learned a little about some of the buildings and a little of the history of the Christmas holiday in America, particularly the German influences. The tour was followed by a birthday party . . . and then a wedding. I, of course, had to top the evening off by dancing and drinking at a bar.


On Sunday I went to Martino’s on Vine to watch some of the afternoon football games and then went to Bogart’s across the street for the Peter Bjorn and John concert, an alternative rock band from Sweden. CinWeekly had an article about the show this past week and a friend invited me to go. I really had not heard of them until that article. Apparently their latest album Writer’s Block had a single, Young Folks, featured on Grey’s Anatomy. I do not watch the show but the song was my favorite of the night – fun, indie pop with bongos and whistling.

1 comment:

steve-o said...

Wasn't able to swing the Peter, Bjorn, and John concert but I wish I could have; I like their style.

Young Folks is actually my ringtone.