Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Restaurant Review: Cactus Pear

A friend and I wanted to try something new before a Tuesday night movie at Esquire. We decided to go to Cactus Pear at 3215 Jefferson Ave. I thought I had heard it was good but that was about all I knew of the place.

First, I thought the food was very good. My friend and I both had the Enchiladas. I though they were flavorful, full of chicken (I had chicken) and just really good. However, we were both surprised I guess by the more upscale atmosphere and prices. When I got home I read a few reviews and some said they thought it was overpriced for what you get. I might agree . . . but only slightly considering the quality. Service was excellent and thought there was even a nice crowd.

3 comments:

5chw4r7z said...

I've only been there once, it was for lunch and it ran me almost $10. Maybe not bad for dinner but way too much for lunch.
No complaints about the food though, it was good.

WestEnder said...

I haven't been there for a few years but I don't remember high prices so they must have increased some time in the last few years.

I liked the chicken chula vista sandwich. The margaritas are also popular.

Randy Simes said...

I love the place...but the overpriced comments are spot-on. I was unhappy when I discovered that they started charging for chips/salsa...who does that?!?!