Friday, October 12, 2007

Let Them Eat . . . Lunch!

Fresh: 36 E. 4th Street, Cincinnati


So, I had never been to Fresh and decided to try it today for lunch. I must say I did like the experience. I had a "Build Your Own Salad", bag of pretzels, and fountain drink for $9.04. The concept is similar to Ingredients in the Westin lobby I guess. But Fresh does not serve breakfast or pizza like Ingredients. Instead, they serve stuffed baked potatoes. Prices between the two "salad bars" were comparable but I felt like I got more at Fresh. Maybe it was the pretzels . . . (All salads are served with a roll, apple, chips, or pretzels.) The protein options may have been more varied at Ingredients I think but I enjoyed my chicken selection just fine. And dining in the salad was served in an oversized (and reusable) bowl making eating easy. However, what I liked the most about Fresh was probably the service. Greetings when I walked in the door. A cheerful and patient attendant guiding me through my salad choices. And a logical, hassle-free assembly line from order in to order out. Others may be ok with Ingredients’ circulation and layout but it is still a little odd to me.


Fresh is open 11:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday through Friday.

No comments: